Doesen’t this look delish???? Come on….I know you agree. Would you believe this is completely dairy free? It is! I litterally had to force Shawn (the hubby) out of the kitchen because he wouldn’t stop eating it. Its SO simple and I litterally had no idea what I was making when I made this. If you are like me and you like things spicy this in my opinion taste extra special when it has that little “kick” to it. If you prefer things a bit milder no sweat just hold off on the spices.
What makes this even better is that it cooks itslef in the slow cooker. I set it on low and it was done very quickly. Make sure you have LOTS of tortilla chips handy!
Slow cooker salsa corn dip
- 2 (11 ounce) cans of Mexican corn, drained or you can use fresh corn kernels and add diced red and green bell peppers
- 2 (4 ½ ounce) cans of chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 8 ounce packages of tofutti cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of peach salsa (or your favorite brand of salsa)
- 1 daiya cheddar wedge, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Diced tomato, red onion, sliced green onions and fresh cilantro for garnish (Optional)
- Tortilla chips for dipping
Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix. Cover and set the heat to low and allow to cook until all of the cheeses have melted. Top with the diced tomato, red onions and sliced green onions. Throw on some fresh cilantro and even avocado if you have one handy. Serve warm over tortilla chips. Try not to eat the entire batch in one sitting.
More recipes you might like: