First I apologize for the lack of posts lately! I have been SO unbelievably busy but I really wanted to get something yummy up and fast! This is a simple chocolate mouse that I made that’s vegan and dairy free. It is light and fluffy rich and chocolaty just the way I like it. You can defiantly make this ahead but I would suggest not adding the garnishes until you are ready to serve it. True whip is amazing stuff or if you have a can of coconut milk whip up some coconut milk whipped cream. You can add any garnishes or toppings you desire. Enjoy!
Super creamy chocolate mouse (dairy free)
- 1 package of silken tofu
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Small pinch of salt
- Raspberries for garnish
- Diary free whipped cream for garnish
- Coco powder for garnish
- In a microwave safe bowl or in a sauce pot over medium heat add the almond milk and chocolate chips stirring constantly until the chocolate chips are completely melted. The mixture should look like a rich thick chocolate milk. Once melted allow too cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate mixture, vanilla extract, silken tofu and the pinch of salt to a food processor process until pureed. Mix and process again. I recommend doing this several times to ensure the tofu is pureed 100% (you don’t want to get a clump of tofu while enjoying this. Do you?) Once it’s puréed taste it to see if the flavors make you happy. If not you can always add more chocolate (just make sure you melt it as you did in the beginning of the recipe)
- Spoon the mixture into 4 dessert dishes and allow to chill for 3-4 hours so that it can firm up. Garnish with fresh dairy free whipped cream and fresh raspberries. If you want to get crazy like me sprinkle some coco powder on top.