- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steakor 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice (I used noodles -udon, lo mein or any thin pasta)
In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
Add beef and toss.
In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
Return beef to pan.
Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Serve over rice.