This is a very quick and easy meal when you don’t have a lot of time to spare. I won’t lie it’s good. Actually, it’s REALLY good… I really do prefer to make my own tomato sauce but there are just sometimes that’s impossible. I have tried a variety of Jared sauces. Ones that were just outrageous expensive (Rao’s) <—–VERY good by the way to more economical choices. The one I personally like the best is the Classico “Sweet Tomato & Basil” flavor. Very good sauce. I also refuse to eat this dish without garlic bread. Trust me you will also agree when you try this
- 1 (28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/8 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan combine pasta sauce, half and half, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg and basil. Simmer over low heat for 45 to 50 minutes; do not boil.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Southern Living 2007